At CUVS, we consider you our partner. As a primary care veterinarian, no one knows your patients and clients better than you. So, when you refer one of your patients to us for specialty or emergency care, you remain an integral part of the medical team.
We serve as an extension of your practice, helping you to provide the best, and most appropriate care for your patients and your clients. Our goal is that your patients benefit from our care, and that your clients feel as at home at our hospital as they do at yours.
As partners, we are always striving to optimize this relationship. We encourage your input, suggestions and constructive criticism. It’s how we get better!
We believe that the best outcomes are achieved through collaboration – sharing information, opinions and concerns. Seamless communication with you is our goal, and is as important to good outcomes as our medicine and resources. To facilitate collaboration:
- Our specialists are always available for consultation or referral.
- Clinical liaisons expedite the referral process.
- Our Online Partner Portal gives you 24/7 real-time, online access to your patients’ medical records, lab results and imaging studies.
- We will keep you well informed, including detailed daily updates on your hospitalized patients.
- Our Director of Clinical Operations and our Chief Medical Officer serve as your referral services team, ensuring that your concerns and suggestions are heard and acted upon.
- For Emergency-Critical Care referrals, you can reach a doctor or technician 24/7 on our dedicated doctors’ hotline
- Fax, email or call? Communications are tailored to your individual preference.
As a partner, we are here to support you in any way that we can.
We encourage you to:
In addition to communications regarding our shared patients, we also send out regular updates - on our educational events, new services and specialists, as well as clinical briefs and case files. If you don’t currently receive these, please contact us at: email@example.com or 203-595-2777.