Our number one priority is, and always will be, the pets! All we do is intended to enable us to continue to provide the very best medical care. And we will do everything we can to make your visit as smooth and as stress-free as possible – for your pet and for you!
Due to high demand for our specialists, there can sometimes be a wait for an available appointment. However, please know that we manage dynamic wait lists that almost invariably enables us to get pets in significantly sooner, especially for more urgent needs. We will always do our best to accommodate you.
Given the large number of clients canceling with short notice, or not showing at all, we now require a deposit for new specialty consultations. The goal is to encourage people who need to cancel to do so with sufficient notice so that we can see other pets who need us.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If this is your first visit to CUVS, we will email you a registration form when you schedule your appointment. Please verify your information, sign electronically, and return to us. This will expedite your visit. If you are unable to do so, please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Withhold food after 10 pm the night before your appointment, unless otherwise directed by a veterinarian. Allow free access to water. Fasting is necessary in case we need to perform imaging studies (e.g., ultrasound) or bloodwork. (It is also good for pets that suffer car sickness.)
- Bring all medications in the original packaging so we can accurately record them. Also, in case your pet stays overnight for any reason.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE HOSPITAL
- Please park in any of the parking bays in front of the hospital.
- Proceed through the Main Entrance to our reception area.
- A Client Service Coordinator will assist you and inform the medical team of your arrival. A member of our clinical team will then meet you in the reception area and proceed from there, usually escorting you and your pet into an exam room.
- Face masks are recommended but no longer required. We do ask, however, that you wear a face mask while interacting with our staff if you have recently been sick with, or exposed to, COVID, or are displaying any symptoms of respiratory illness.
- If you would prefer not to enter the building, or not wait in our reception, please call us on arrival at 203-595-2777 to let us know. We will be happy to manage your appointment as “curb-side”, bring your pet into the hospital, and communicate with you primarily via phone.
We require 48 hours’ notice for cancellations or rescheduling. If you are no longer able to make the appointment, it is very important that you inform us as soon as possible as we have a waitlist of sick pets that could really benefit from being seen if we know you can't make it.
If an appointment is not cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, the deposit for that appointment will be forfeited. Refunds for canceled appointments with more than 24 hours’ notice will be processed within 3-5 business days.
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call us at (203) 595-2777.