Dentistry & Oral Surgery
Dentistry & Oral Surgery
Note: We regret to inform you that CUVS is temporarily without a Dentistry & Oral Surgery Service. We hope this will not be for long. Stay tuned.
Science tells us that the healthier the mouth, the healthier the pet. Yet dental disease is the most common disease in dogs and cats: more than 50% of cats and 85% of dogs over age four have dental problems that require professional treatment.
Left untreated, dental disease can cause bad breath, oral pain and infection, tooth decay and loss, diminished quality of life and even infection of other organs. Routine dental checkups and teeth cleaning at your primary care veterinarian are an essential part of preventive care.
But should your pet need more advanced dental care or oral surgery, CUVS provides a full range of specialty services.
As part of our mission to provide the most sophisticated specialty veterinary care, we have a state-of-the-art dentistry operatory complete with sophisticated anesthesia monitoring equipment and digital diagnostic imaging capabilities. Here, our dentistry team performs advanced procedures including root canals, treatment of gum disease, and complex oral surgeries.
The Services We Offer
CUVS’s Dentistry and Oral Surgery team provides a full range of advanced services and procedures, including:
Comprehensive diagnosis and treatment planning
- Examination and testing on the awake patient
- Anesthetized oral examination and imaging (x-rays and/or CT scan)
- Consultation and collaboration with other specialists to ensure safe anesthesia and recovery if your pet has other health issues
Periodontal, endodontic and prosthodontic procedures
- Professional dental cleaning with dental radiographs
- Tooth extractions
- Root canal therapy
- Vital pulp therapy
- Advanced periodontal therapy
- Crown placement (prosthodontics) and restorations
- Orthodontic treatment planning and procedures
- Gingivectomy and gingivoplasty
- Crown lengthening procedures for fractures extending below the gum line
- Jaw fracture repair, maxillofacial trauma management
- Cleft palate repair
- Oronasal fistula repair
- Oral biopsies and surgical oncology (including lymph node and mass aspirates)
- Jaw resection surgeries (mandibulectomy, maxillectomy)
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Management of oral diseases, including masticatory myositis, stomatitis, oral manifestations of autoimmune diseases, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders